About Automotive Technology
Join our nationally-certified program to learn the latest techniques and technology in automotive systems. You'll explore a wide range of careers while learning these systems and the way vehicle service companies work. Students will start their automotive training in one of two classes. The first is the Intro to Automotive class and the second is Maintenance and Light Repair. Each of these classes are one year in length. After completing one of these two classes, students may return for a second year to take one of the two advanced classes in either Brakes or Electrical.
Our ASE-certified instructors follow the standards required for NATEF program certification. What does that mean to you? The cars, tools, equipment and lessons are up to date with industry standards.
- Use the latest technology and tools to diagnose and repair customer cars
- Work on a wide variety of manufacturer-donated vehicles
- Prepare for college and advanced training
- Students that have completed two years in the program will have the opportunity to take two of the State of Michigan Mechanic tests: Brakes and Electrical
- Students will also have an opportunity to earn the student version of the ASE G1.
In these year-long courses, students learn what it means to be successful employees and gain valuable skills they can use in work and life. Like our traditional programs, students learn in the classroom and then apply their knowledge through hands-on projects in our labs. Small class sizes, plenty of support and a just-right pace help students thrive and prepare for life after high school.
If you like cars, trucks and related equipment, join us for expert training on state-of-the-art equipment. Learn about the vehicle industry and how to service a variety of customer vehicles.